TOP 10 PHOTO SPOTS IN SAN FRANCISCO - WITH INTERACTIVE MAP
#10Photo Spot - Chinatown
10. Chinatown in San Francisco is a popular photo spot for street photographers. The pagoda style buildings, hanging lanterns and colorful signage make for a great backdrop. This shot was taken from the corner of Grant and Sacramento...well more middle of the crosswalk than corner but anything for the shot.
#9Photo Spot -Cliff House
9. Located behind Cliff House restaurant, this spot overlooks the Seal Rocks and the Pacific Ocean, amazing place to capture the sunset
#8Photo Spot - Golden Gate Overlook
Another amazing angle of the Golden Gate Bridge can be found at this spot in The Presidio, a short walk from the Toll Plaza parking lot. This viewpoint was built for the Golden Gate Bridge 75th Anniversary in 2012.
#7Photo Spot -City Hall
7. Capture a stunning perspective shot of the tree lined Civic Center Plaza with City Hall framed nicely at the end. The shot above was taken with a Rokinon 12mm lens on a Sony A6000. The display on show in the image was due to Chinese New Year festivities.
#6Photo Spot -Alamo Square
6. This spot on the pathway in Alamo Square Park gives you a good elevated view of the Painted Ladies, love further up the hill and get the San Francisco Skyline in the background.
#5Photo Spot -Pier 7
5. Pier 7 is a stunning old boardwalk style pier located on The Embarcadero, the wooden planks and vintage style street lights make for great perspective and symmetry shots. The endo of the pier also gives a great view of the Bay Bridge.
#4Photo Spot -Palace of Fine Arts
4. This spot lets you capture the entire width (depending on your lens) of the Palace of Fine Arts as well as its reflection in the surrounding pond if its calm enough.
#3Photo Spot -North Beach
3. This photo spot lets you capture the iconic image of the Transamerica Pyramid and the stunning copper clad Cafe Zoetrope.
#2 Photo Spot - Lombard Street
2. Located at the corner of Mason and Lombard Streets this is the best angle to take in the crooked street. A long lens is recommended, this was taken with a 210mm on a Sony A6000 crop sensor.
#1 Photo Spot - Golden Gate Bridge
1. Located behind the Visitor Center take the trail down to this photo spot that takes in the entire span of the Golden Gate Bridge and also Fort Point below. This is a crop of a wider angle shot taken with a Rokinon 12mm lens on a Sony A6000 crop sensor.